Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 3: Courageous

This week we had the opportunity to hear from Jeff and Julie Yonker talk about courage. To be honest this is a virtue that I felt I lacked a lot coming into the discussion on Monday night so it was a blessing to hear more about courage. Their own personal testimony and story paired along side of the story of Naomi and Ruth really connected with me. After the meeting I was really moved by the passages James 1:2-8 that they had recommended to read on courage and that night I went back and read it again and it brought a sense of comfort. Afterwards I was able to meet one on one with Jeff and Julie and they helped answer my many questions about courage. Overall I felt like I learned a lot about the virtue of courage that I know I needed to strengthen and develop. Also in general I have felt like have learned a lot during my time here at SMR. Before I came out here I was a little worried about my time out here in CO, but I believe God brought me out here for a purpose and now I am truly seeing why God brought me out here. I am looking forward to the next week as we have Glenn Triezenberg come out here to talk about hope and we also have a retreat.

Blessings,

Nate Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment