Sunday, June 23, 2013

Communication

This past Monday we worked with Rick Baez from the Broene Counseling Center and learned about effective communication particularly in the work place. What I found to be most challenging was the section on asking and receiving feedback. I personally am really bad at both of those things, being told that I am doing something wrong is not usually something I take well. So talking in depth and having break out sessions where we discussed how to ask and receive feedback was very beneficial to me. It even went a step further when we were challenged to identify a certain aspect of our work environment that we were going to ask for feedback on. We were to identify both a person to ask and a day on which to ask. I plan on asking one of my supervisors how I am doing in terms of my interactions with the guest and other guest services employees. Hopefully she has all good things to say :)


No comments:

Post a Comment