Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Good Gifts


                                                                        Good Gifts
Photo (Photo taken by Nicole Steiger)

Fresh cool morning air and a sunrise that highlighted the beauty of the Rockies began the day . The way the sun began to peak over mountains was gentle yet powerful as the heavenly halo light poured over the valleys and peaks.

My roommate and friend Nicole had the creative idea of getting up and hiking to a prime location for watching the sunrise. So one morning at four a.m three of us (Nicole, Hannah and myself) pulled ourselves out of bed. We grabbed jackets, flashlights and headlamps ,disregarded our body's cries to return to our deep slumber and headed out . As I trudged along half awake, my eyes focused on the gravely ground. With every few heavy steps I told myself that this "early morning hike",which felt more like a death march in darkness, would be worth it.

It was.When we got to our destination we sat in comfortable silence for a long time taking in the beauty of the sunrise and all the other glorious sights and sounds of an early morning in the Rockies. Throughout this time, I kept on thinking about how much of a gift this morning was. I was so blessed by having the privilege of being the audience to God's morning routine of illuminating His creation with light. It was even more astounding to me as I realized that I had the opportunity of witnessing this every morning , whenever I wanted to.

God gives His children Good Gifts. A sunrise in The Rockies is just one of the countless blessings He bestows on us. Praise Him!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"
James 1:13(NIV)

-Juliana Moore  (6/19/2013)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Juliana, and a wonderful reading to start my day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gift is good friends who share their faith & a love for the outdoors! So glad you & Hannah are that gift to each other!

    ReplyDelete